Music business in Nigerian is a mine of affluence that not many have been able to genuinely tap into contrary to popular belief.
We have all stocked around to witness the emergence of some rising stars like Tiwa Savage, Reekado Banks, Rema, Ayra Starr and the rest, but have we thought about the background work done and the man behind it?
A lot of factors summed together have made Don Jazzy the most successful record label boss in Nigeria but very few people have really ticked his tricks.
On this podcast, we went as far back as his whisper days in the Mo’Hits crew to the dissolution, till the unveiling of Mavin Records.
We discussed further about some highlights of what made Don Jazzy the most successful record label boss above every other music executive in Nigeria:
- Having a solid label structure
- Owning to his personal archetype and personality
- Rooted understanding of music business in Nigeria
- Building relationship with fans
- Building relationship with other entertainers outside music
- Conscious promotion techniques
- Making his fanbase and record label fanbase the fanbase of his artistes
- Marketing the ‘Alternative’ genre both home and abroad
If Don Jazzy made it to this level, you too can make it, anyone can make. It takes hard work, time and patience.
Listen below and learn:-