In this article, I will be showing you how to recover your hacked Facebook account, listing several methods in which you can employ. Once recovery is successful, then you will have to become extra protective or read this to secure your Facebook account from hackers.
How to recover your hacked Facebook account if you password has been changed.
- If only the password has changed and you still have access to the associated email of the account then you may go to the “forgot password” option at the Facebook login page.
- Facebook will lead you to another page and will ask you to enter either your username, email address or the phone number. You can select any of the options.
- Facebook will find your profile, view your specific profile enter either the email address or mobile number and click on “continue”.
- A recovery code will be sent to your desired recovery option. Enter that code and click continue.
- Now set your new password and your account will be ready to use again.
How to recover your hacked Facebook account if your email has been changed.
- Click on the forgot password option.
- Now let Facebook search your profile by entering your username or email address
- Once you have been located by Facebook, click on your profile, a dialogue box will open to reset your password.
- Click on “no longer have access to these” as you do not have access to your associated email address.
- Then extended recovery options will be given and it depends on the age of the Facebook account. Old Facebook accounts have the option of Security question to recover their account.
- New Facebook users can use the option of “trusted contacts” to regain access to their account. For doing so, enter the email address you have access to, and click on reveal my trusted contacts and enter the name of one of them. Facebook will provide a link that only your trusted contact can access. Ask them to click on the link and get the security code for you. Enter the security code to recover your account.
How to recover your hacked Facebook account if both Email and Password have been changed.
- By recovering from the mobile number all you need to do is go to the facebook page. Click on the forgot password option. Then enter your account information like username or email address, once your Facebook profile appears, click on it and recovery options will appear. Click on the mobile number option. Enter your mobile number, Facebook will send you a text message in which a security code will be given.
- Enter the recovery code to the dialogue box. Now you will be able to set a new password for your facebook account. The other way is to recover with email change notification. If your email address has been changed, then Facebook will send an email to your previously entailing email address and notify you about the email change. If your email id has been hacked, then there will be an option “if you did not do this, please secure your account” click on it.
- You will be given the option to secure your account. Then Facebook will provide you with a number of recovery options according to the account and security. You may be asked to upload the government ID, Facebook will verify it and reactivate your account.
- Another option will be to enter your date of birth to recover the account.
- Another fun option is that Facebook will ask you to recognize your friends by showing you their pictures and asking their names.
Method -2 (Updated)
- Open the device that you use mostly for Facebook like log-in, log-out or any activity that you’ve made mostly.
- For example; your iPhone using it for 2 years for Facebook as well. Just try to recover / reset your password from that device.
- If Facebook recognizes your device, you’ll be able to reset your password without any verification.
- To increase your chance, if its possible, while trying to reset your Facebook password, use the Wi-Fi / Network you use for Facebook mostly like your Home Wi-Fi etc.
Method -3 (Updated)
- Go to: https://en-gb.facebook.com/help/contact/183000765122339
- Fill the form, attach your government issued ID.
- Send the form to Facebook and wait couple of days. Then Facebook will send you an e-mail about recovery.